Saturday, October 31, 2009

Study in White I




This one is just about completed. I think I will tweak the shadows a bit, deepen them some more to bring out the highlights, but otherwise, I think it's done.

Okay, now this doesn't really seem to be a study in white, what with a red canister sitting smack dab in the middle of the picture, but it is. I added the canister in order to liven up the pic a bit, and to get the interesting red reflections off the white.

The whites on the right side of the painting I did in cool grays (my favorite grays!), sky blue light, white, and poppy red for the reflection off the canister.

The white cloth the canister is sitting on I did mostly in periwinkle, sky blue light, white, cool gray 10% and 20%, and indigo.

The white wall I did in cool grays and sky blue light.

The canister was done in deco pink, poppy red, scarlet red, crimson red, crimson lake, tuscan red, jasmine, cream, indigo, black, and white.

This piece was created for a member exhibition on Ann Kullberg's Ezine "From My Perspective."



DETAILS:
Size: 5" x 7"
Medium: Prismacolor colored pencils
Support: White Pastelbord
Underpainting: Light blue Neocolor II
Accessories: Stencil & bristle brushes for blending
Ref Credit: My own photo

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colored pencil work. Thanks for sharing the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks finished to me!
    The whites are impressive (you know, I've been taking some painting classes, and now I can tell how difficult it is to paint different whites :) and the red canister makes it vibrant.
    Best regards,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete