Sunday, January 18, 2009

Morning Devotions WIP 2

Here's an update on this painting. It's coming along, thought I still have much to do on it. The pic is a bit blurry because it's cloudy & rainy and I didn't want to use a flash. Nothing in the painting is done yet; still working on values, colors, etc. I hope to be done soon. I don't look forward to working on the Bible. The lettering is going to be very difficult to get right, and it could cause me to mess up the entire painting! Ugh! I just realized that a competition I wanted to enter it in has their deadline next month!!

I'm still undecided on this paper. It's quite rough for pencils. I need to try it with pastels too and see what happens.

Here's the update and a smaller detail pic. In the smaller one you can see how rough the paper actually is.




No comments:

Post a Comment